Job Posting: Manager of Electrical and Automation Engineering
MANAGER OF ELECTRICAL AND AUTOMATION ENGINEERING
Railveyor Technologies Global Inc. (RVTG) is a pioneering provider of innovative solutions for decarbonizing material haulage in the mining industry. Our Rail-Veyor® system is a safe, autonomous, and cost-effective material haulage system, designed to create smarter, Net Zero mines of the future. We leverage cutting-edge 21st-century technology and intelligent engineering to reduce emissions, save energy, and revolutionize mining operations worldwide. As a globally distributed team, Railveyor employees bring diverse backgrounds and skillsets to unite and drive value for our esteemed customers. We nurture a culture of growth, continuous improvement, and personal development, ensuring not only the progress of our business and products but also the success and fulfillment of our people.
As the Manager of Electrical and Automation Systems, you will play a pivotal role in our mission to transform the mining industry. You will lead and coordinate all activities related to the creation, acquisition, and implementation of automation and electrical systems for sales of the Railveyor system. By working closely with Railveyor managers and technologists, you will prioritize and allocate resources to ensure the seamless installation and commissioning of Railveyor systems.
- Develop a compelling vision and roadmap for all electrical development and implementation activities, setting the standards for electrical installations and integration.
- Play an active role in strategic decision-making regarding technology, defining and implementing automation solutions.
- Apply industry-best Project Management practices to ensure timely and budget-compliant installation and scope objectives.
- Champion the use of automation and electrical engineering best practices, fostering reproducible development and implementation of high-quality systems while managing costs efficiently.
- Drive process improvement programs and identify efficiencies to optimize our operations.
- Foster a culture of innovation, leading the introduction and integration of cutting-edge technologies that drive tangible benefits for our organization.
- Apply your expertise in VFD sizing and selection, AC motor selection, and power calculations based on system requirements.
- Oversee power distribution requirements, optimizing transformer sizes and locations within an automated haulage system that utilizes a series of AC motors and variable frequency drives.
- Prepare meticulous specifications for electrical equipment and materials procurement, including PLC panels and VFD panels.
- Ensure compliance with standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings, or topographical maps.
- Contribute to comprehensive reports and data compilation for existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
- Evaluate electrical products, components, and applications to ensure adherence to specific standards and codes.
- Assist in product development for new equipment and upgrades to existing equipment.
- Utilize computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks effectively.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical, control, or computer engineering, accompanied by a profound understanding of process control and automation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming Rockwell (Allen Bradley) and Schneider (Modicon) PLCs, ABB, Allen-Bradley, Schneider, and Mitsubishi VSDs, and Wonderware SCADA.
- A minimum of five to ten years of relevant experience in heavy industries or an OEM serving the mining, cement, aggregates, oil & gas markets.
- P.Eng certification or equivalent would be highly desirable.
- Strong background in the distribution and utilization of electric power, encompassing expertise in electrical equipment such as transformers, switchgear, and cables.
- Working knowledge of PLC-based programming and HMI integration using Allen Bradley or Schneider PLCs.
- Proficiency in creating single-line electrical drawings using AutoCAD electrical.
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to install and maintain software and hardware, including experience with Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project.
- Multilingualism is an asset, with preference given to candidates proficient in Russian, Spanish, or French. Proficiency in English is required.
- Must possess a valid passport for international travel.
- This role is ideally based at our Houghton, Michigan, or Sudbury, Ontario engineering office.
- Occasional travel, including international trips, may be required on short notice.
- Flexibility in working hours and schedule is necessary to meet customer demands, with some nights and weekends potentially required.
- The ability to work underground and at various industrial sites may be necessary.
Ready to make a lasting impact on the future of mining? Join us at Railveyor, where we value your growth as much as our business and products. Be part of our globally distributed team, driving innovation and creating a sustainable and prosperous future together.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. We are excited to hear from talented individuals, who are passionate about revolutionizing the mining industry!
#MiningIndustry #EngineeringLeadership #AutomationSystems #ElectricalEngineering #Sustainability #RailveyorTechnologies #JoinOurTeam #NetZeroMining #CleanEnergy #Innovation #CareerOpportunity #MiningTechnology #Decarbonization #MiningRevolution